Friday, April 29, 2011

April 29, 2011

Ham, ham, ham. I hosted Easter dinner on Sunday, and we had a wonderful day. However, we still have some left over ham in the fridge; do you? Can you believe it … I didn’t have any new recipes to try this week calling for ham! However, I do have two tried and true recipes using ham—I included them both at the end here.

We did try a few new recipes this week, but of the ones for dinner, only the soup was a keeper. One recipe hit the recycle bin. It wasn’t terrible, but everyone at the table needed to add something to make it better (Parmesan by the spoonful, Frank’s hot sauce, pepper). It was edible, and I even had the leftovers for lunch one day, but definitely not a keeper. I did try a new cookie recipe, and I will certainly be making them again! I was inspired by Mrs. Field’s cookies sent to us for Easter from a friend. It was a variety box full of all kinds, and I fell in love with the cinnamon sugar ones! They were a little different from snickerdoodles, and I immediately went on the hunt for a similar recipe. I found one, made a batch, and have included that recipe here. The recipe calls for a low cooking temperature but lengthens the time, and I think that contributed to the soft texture. I hope you like them!

New Recipes

Unstuffed Pepper Soup
Cinnamon Sugar Cookies

Tried and True Recipes
Hurry Up Ham
Ham & Swiss Quiche

No comments:

Post a Comment