Friday, June 10, 2011
Ingredients for the cake
* 1 (18.25 ounce) package devil’s food cake mix
* 1 package instant chocolate pudding mix
* 1 cup sour cream
* 1 cup vegetable oil
* 4 eggs; lightly beaten
* 1/2 cup warm water
* 1 teaspoon of vanilla
* 24 frozen Snickers Miniatures
Directions for the cupcakes
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Line 2 muffin tins with paper liners.
3. In a large bowl, mix together the cake and pudding mixes, sour cream, oil, beaten eggs, vanilla and water.
4. Evenly divide the batter amongst the prepared pans.
5. Gently push a frozen Snickers Miniature bar into the center of the batter and smooth the surface making sure to cover the candy bar with batter.
6. Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until top is springy to the touch and a wooden toothpick inserted comes out clean.
7. Cool cupcakes thoroughly on wire rack.
Ingredients for the caramel frosting
* 2 sticks unsalted butter(room temperature)
* 1/2 cup shortening
* 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
* 1 1/2 pounds confectioners’ sugar
* 2/3 cup caramel topping
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
Directions for frosting
1. Cream the butter and shortening in the bowl of an electric or stand mixer.
2. Add the vanilla extract, salt and caramel syrup; combine well.
3. Begin adding in the sugar and mixing thoroughly after each addition. After all of the sugar has been added and mixed thoroughly, give it a taste and decide if you want to add in more caramel syrup. For thicker frosting you can gradually add in a little more sugar.
4. Frost or pipe your cupcakes with the frosting. Enjoy!!!
Posted by Elizabeth at 9:19 PM