Friday, August 19, 2011

August 19, 2011

The big kids are home, and school begins next week. My in-laws brought them home to us, and we got to spend some extra time with Ryan's parents before they headed back west. They spent a few days with us and we played games, hung cabinet doors, and enjoyed the time. My father-in-law loves all things peanut butter (even PB & pickle sandwiches!), so in honor of him I just had to try out this new Peanut Butter and Jelly bar recipe that crossed my path. It made a lot, so I individually froze quite a few and will be adding them to the kids' lunches. Thankfully the elementary school here is not a peanut free school.

While the big kids were still out of town last week, I enjoyed a lunch date with a dear friend. We went to a little cafe that we used to frequent when we were co-workers. They have the most delicious chicken salad over mixed greens. I've never made chicken salad before, but when we had some leftover chicken in the fridge, I decided to try to make some. I used a recipe for inspiration and tweaked it to my liking. It turned out delicious, and I hope you enjoy it, too.

Lastly, I hopped on the "buffalo" train this week. I made Buffalo style Chex mix for my book club, and the same night we had Spinach Topped Buffalo Chicken. I plan on making the chicken again to change it a bit, and then I will share the recipe. We all enjoyed it, but I think one step in the recipe has to be altered, and I want to test it out first. So, look for that one in the weeks ahead. The Chex mix was decent, but not fabulous enough to earn "keeper" status.

Have a great week!

New Recipes
Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars
Cranberry Chicken Salad

No comments:

Post a Comment