* Bones and skin from roasted chicken (Roasted Split Chicken Breasts)
* 1 onion, cut into 8 pieces
* 1 tsp minced garlic
* 1 peeled carrot, cut into 4 to 5 pieces
* 3 celery stalks, each cut into 4 to 5 pieces
* pepper to taste
* 2 bay leaves
1. Put the chicken bones and skin into a large stock pot. Add the other ingredients on top of the chicken parts.
2. Fill the pot with cold water to within 2 inches of the top of the pot.
3. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Let simmer for at least 2 hours, longer if you like.
4. Skim off any foam and visible fat.
5. Let the broth cool, then strain. Keep only the liquid.
6. Portion out to save and use in your favorite soups and dishes. Stock freezes very well!