Friday, September 9, 2011

September 9, 2011

Another week has come and gone; blueberries are in season, so we tried 2 different blueberry muffin recipes. Both were pretty good, but neither earned "keeper" status. Each was close, so I think I will keep working on it, but for now, don't have a great recipe to share. Maybe the ingredients from this one, and the technique from that one...you get the idea. What I do have this week are french toast and chicken recipes to share.

That's right! You may recall that we've tried 2 different overnight french toast recipes this past year, and didn't like either. It turns out my family just loves french toast made on the spot and not as a casserole. So, I found a great recipe which was a step up from the usual way I made it in the past, and bam! We loved it! It isn't hard, so you should give it a go. I loved it using raisin bread, the kids loved it with whole wheat. If you have left over french bread, try it with that. The recipe will work with whatever kind of bread you love or have on hand.

The other recipe we LOVED this week was Garlic Lime chicken. It was quick and easy to make, and was delicious! However, as we were eating it, my husband asked me again what the name of the recipe was, and he commented that he didn't really taste the garlic or the lime as the primary flavors. So, we renamed it Juicy Weeknight Skillet Chicken, but you can call it whatever you'd like. I did taste the lime more than anything, but hey, it was a "keeper" no matter what we call it. I hope you give it a try and enjoy it, too!

New Recipes
Juicy Weeknight Skillet Chicken
French Toast

No comments:

Post a Comment