Friday, April 6, 2012

April 6, 2012

Happy Easter, and Happy Passover! Can you believe it is April? I must say, I did pull a great prank on my daughter on April Fool's Day - though let's give credit where credit is due - I took the idea from my sister. Toothpaste filled Oreo cookies- it was hilarious, and very unexpected! Tuck that idea in the back of your mind for next year - it was easy and very effective!

My mother-in-law is visiting, and of course that gets us thinking about my father in law and wishing he were visiting us as well. One of his all time favorite desserts is banana cream pie, so the dessert that was voted a keeper this week we'll call Deconstructed Banana Cream Pie. Maybe we can entice him to come visit with the promise of this dessert...

Two other recipes earned keeper status this week, and writing about them here makes me want to put them on the menu for this coming week again! We love salmon, but I wanted to take it up a notch, and we found the prefect accompaniment - spicy cucumber relish. Talk about delicious! At the end of the meal I put a little extra relish on my plate even though I had already finished my salmon. Definitely a keeper. As a side dish the same night I made sauteed mushrooms with garlic, Parmesan and breadcrumbs. I think I could have eaten the entire bowl, but there were two other adults that were fighting me for it! If you enjoy mushrooms, you may just love this side dish.

Not sure what next week will bring, but hopefully some new keepers!

New Recipes
Sauteed Mushrooms with Garlic, Parmesan, and Bread Crumbs
Spicy Cucumber Relish
Deconstructed Banana Cream Pie

No comments:

Post a Comment