Friday, May 17, 2013

May 17, 2013

What a hectic week!  My "summer" grad class (it is over before it is officially summer) is an amazing amount of work, and it meets twice a week.  I have a triathlon in about 2 weeks so I am trying to fit a lot of training into my spare time. Needless to say I have been putting a lot of effort into school and swimming/biking/running instead of trying out many new recipes.  I did fit in one this week, and it was definitely a keeperBraised Chicken and Kale was fantastic, and I think it was the fresh lemon that put it over the top for us.  To be honest I had never tried kale in any form before this, but have heard so much about it, and I know it is a "super food".  I decided it was time to give it a go.  I don't know if it was this specific recipe or that Hannah and I found that we just love kale, but the two of us really thought it was the shining star of dish.

Class again this week (of course), plus a soccer tournament this weekend, and Ryan heads out of town on business for most of the week.  We will have to see what new dishes, if any, I whip up in the week ahead! 

Happy Cooking

New Recipe
Braised Chicken and Kale


No comments:

Post a Comment