Friday, January 10, 2014
Rubbed Pork Roast
* 2 tsp garlic powder
* 2 tsp salt
* 2 tsp pepper
* 1 1/2 tsp ground mustard
* 1 1/2 tsp onion powder
* 1 1/2 tsp paprika
* 1 tsp sage
* 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
* 1 boneless pork loin roast, 2-2.5 lbs
1. Combine all the rub ingredients. Place the pork roast in a zip top bag, then pour in the rub. Turn the roast all around to get it completely covered with the rub. Place in the fridge for 6 - 24 hours.
2. Bring the roast to room temperature by taking it out of the fridge about 30-40 minutes before you want to cook it.
3. Preheat the oven to 325 F. Place the roast on a greased rack in a roasting pan.
4. Bake the roast for 60 minutes, then increase the temperature to 400 for an additional 20 minutes.
5. Remove the roast and let it rest for 10-15 minutes under tin foil.
6. Slice the meat and serve!
We loved this. It was easy and came out moist. We had plenty of leftovers and plan on using them in one of our favorite left-over reinvention meals... pork and caramelized onion quesadillas!
Posted by Elizabeth at 7:17 PM