Friday, February 14, 2014
Dan Dan Noodles
* 2 chicken breasts, cooked and minced (approximately 2 cups)
* 6 oz lo mein noodles, cooked as directed on package
* 2 tbs vegetable oil
* 1 tbs minced garlic
* 1/4 cup green onions, green parts only
* 6 tbsp soy sauce
* 1/2 cup chicken broth
* 1/4 cup brown sugar
* 1 tsp chili-garlic sauce
* 4 tsp cornstarch
* 1/2 cup water
* 1 cup julienned cucumber (seedless if possible)
* 1 cup bean sprouts
1. Cook the chicken. Once the chicken is cooled, mince it.
2. Prepare the lo mein noodles according to the package.
3. Make the sauce by heating the oil over medium heat in a large saucepan or wok. Add the garlic and green onions and saute for just a few seconds being careful not to burn the garlic. Add the soy sauce, chicken broth, brown sugar and chili-garlic sauce. Stir well.
4. Combine the cornstarch and water, and stir this in the sauce. Simmer the sauce for 2-3 minutes on until it thickens.
5. When the sauce is thick add the chicken to the sauce and simmer for 5 minutes to heat the chicken.
6. To serve, pile the noodles on a platter. Spoon the chicken and sauce over the noodles. Garnish the platter with the cucumbers on one side and on the other side, the bean sprouts.
Wow! What a great recipe! We really thought this tasted like Ryan's favorite dish from PF Chang's. And the kids really enjoyed it as well, including Hannah - which is amazing! I used my zoodler to julienne the cucumbers and it was perfect!
Posted by Elizabeth at 5:58 AM