Friday, February 14, 2014

February 14, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day!  I hope your day has been filled with love and joy!

The Olympics are still going on...sure you don't need to get back to watching the action?  We've been watching so many of the different sports - the kids are really into it!  And with all the actions you would think we'd be bursting with American pride.  We are...but for some reason we've been eating a lot of Asian fare!  This past week we made one of my favorite recipes, Chang's Spicy Chicken.  I wanted it for my birthday dinner but we just couldn't all get to the table at the same time that day, so we moved it to this week.  But when I went to get out the recipe I couldn't find it!  ACK!  I'd been thinking about it for a few days, and now the recipe was no where to be found?  Thankfully I remembered that I found it in a cookbook at the library.  I searched for the recipe on the internet, figured out the book I had found it in many years ago, and I headed to the library to pick it up (it was on the shelf and available!).  We've had this dish many times over the years, and each time we do we love it

Now that I had the cookbook in my hands again (Top Secret Restaurant Recipes 2 by Todd Wilbur), I looked at the table of contents to see what else might be worth trying.  One of Ryan's favorite dishes from PF Chang's is Dan Dan Noodles.  Lo and behold it was in the book!  We made it and it was definitely voted a keeper!  Even Hannah had two helpings...and if you know her well you know she hates Chinese food.  So the fact that she had 2 helpings is a real indication of its keeper status (at least in our household!). Plus the recipe needs julienned cucumbers...put my zoodler to work on that and bam!  Perfect thin cucumbers for the dish!   And just because we clearly hadn't had enough yet, later in the week we had leftover rice, so we whipped up homemade fried rice!  I am not sure why our meal plan ended up with so much Asian cuisine, but it was a delicious week!

Happy Cooking!


New Recipes
Dan Dan Noodles

Tried and True
Chang's Spicy Chicken

No comments:

Post a Comment