Friday, May 23, 2014

May 23, 2014

Wow - we tried a lot of new things this week!  One night we had a new slow cooker pork recipe, new rolls and new side dish.  The pork was lackluster (edible, but just not that flavorful). The rolls were super dense (but Hannah loved them and wants me to make them again!) so in my mind definitely not a keeper.  The side dish was a mashed potato casserole and we all enjoyed it and it earned keeper status! We even used the delayed time bake feature on our oven and it came out great. 

One of the recipes we tried for the first time this week we have already made a second time!  A definite keeper if ever there was one.  :)  I have tried a few granola recipes over the years, but they all seemed to require constant monitoring, stirring every few minutes, or some ingredient that I didn't like or didn't have on hand.  Well I saw America's Test Kitchen had a granola recipe that looked easy.  It absolutely was easy, and is DELICIOUS!  What a combo - easy and delicious.  This is why we've already made it twice this week!  I think this will be a regular at our house.

I've been drinking a lot of ice tea lately, so I thought I'd share the recipe.  You can make it as lemon-y and sweet as you'd like.  We add lots of lemon juice and barely any sugar to our pitcher, but you can customize it to your liking.

The other keeper for the week I made for our end of the year pre-school picnic.  Disappearing marshmallow bars.  I thought they meant disappearing because everyone loved them, but it turns out that the marshmallows melt into the bars and they disappear!  But, these were so good that it could easily be named this because of the former reason. 

We tried a few other new dishes this week, but they weren't good enough to be made again.  We'll see what this next week brings!  Enjoy the long weekend, and the unofficial start to summer.  We are expecting great weather here (finally) and I hope you are, too!

Happy Cooking!


New Recipes
Disappearing Marshmallow Bars
Easy Granola
Baked Potato Casserole

Tried and True
Ice Tea

No comments:

Post a Comment