* 2 cups 2% milk
* 2 cups heavy whipping cream
* 1 cup sugar
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 2 tsp vanilla extract
* 1 cup chocolate chip cookie dough (recipe follows)
In a large bowl, stir the milk, cream, sugar, salt, and vanilla extract together until the sugar has dissolved. Place in
the fridge for at least an hour.
2. Pour the mixture into your ice
cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions.
After the ice cream has finished churning fold in the chocolate chip cookie dough. Spoon it into a container and freeze for 2 hours
to ripen. Enjoy!
Ingredients for Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
* 5 tbsp (just under 1/2 cup packed) brown sugar
* 5 tbsp sugar (just under 1/2 cup) white sugar
* 4 tbsp butter, softened
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* 3 tbsp 2% milk
* 1 cup flour
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
Directions for Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
1. In a medium bowl mix together the brown sugar, white sugar and butter until well combined. Stir in the vanilla and milk. Mix in the flour until well blended.
2. Scrape the batter onto wax paper and form into a loaf or log shape. Freeze for 1-2 hours or until firm.
3. Cut the dough into small pieces to add to your favorite ice cream.
This makes too much to go into my ice cream machine at one shot, so I do it in 2 batches (I luckily have 2 bowls for my ice cream maker). The first batch I made I added the cookie dough about 15 minutes into the churning, and when it was done we had created cookie dough flavored ice cream with chocolate chips. Super yummy, but not what we intended. The second batch we churned the ice cream until the end and then hand folded in the chunks of cookie dough. Perfect!