Friday, June 20, 2014

Easy Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream


Ingredients
* 2 cups 2% milk
* 2 cups heavy whipping cream
* 1 cup sugar
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* 1 tsp peppermint extract
* 1 cup miniature chocolate chips

Directions
1. In a large bowl, stir the milk, cream, sugar, salt, vanilla and peppermint extracts together until the sugar has dissolved.  Place in the fridge for at least an hour.
2. Pour the mixture into your ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions.  After 10 minutes, add the chocolate chips.  Once the ice cream has finished and is thick spoon it into a container and freeze for 2 hours to ripen.  Enjoy!

Notes
Delish!  We loved this.  I was inspired to make mint ice cream because of our mint plants, but I don't know how to incorporate my fresh mint yet (probably need to figure out how to make an extract),  So, we had peppermint extract on hand and this turned out great.  Super easy, and yummy!  My friend who doesn't even like mint chocolate chip ice cream loved this!!!!  Give it a try!

FYI - this makes too much ice cream base to be churned at one time in my ice cream machine, so I make it and then pour in half at a time.  I am lucky enough t have 2 freezer bowls for my ice cream machine, so it works out!

No comments:

Post a Comment