Friday, July 25, 2014

July 25, 2014

Its been a whirlwind of a week - home from vacation in the middle of the week and then Hannah had oral surgery the next day!  Since she can only eat soft foods, she's been eating mac and cheese and the like, but then she suggested spaghettios.  If you read this blog (or know me personally) then you know I like to DIY recipes of all kinds.  Spaghettios...how hard could this be?  It turns out, not very hard at all!  I found ring pasta at the grocery store which really made the recipe a great match.  Hannah was very happy with it, and the boys enjoyed it as well!

Liam has been enjoying the chance to eat lots of mac & cheese with Hannah, and one night Owen was at a friend's house for dinner.  Ryan and I took the opportunity to make one of our favorite dinners - shrimp scampi.  It is very easy to throw together and absolutely delicious.

While we were away on vacation our garden didn't take a break...I harvested 2 zucchinis the first morning we were home and oh my word!  Talk about large...certainly not the little zucchinis that make fantastic zucchini boats.  I showed some of my friends the zucchinis, each almost 3 lbs (I know, crazy!), and one told me about his favorite zucchini chocolate cake he would enjoy as a child.  I asked them to get me the recipe and I made it for him and his family; it was a hit!  We all loved it, and he thought it tasted like he remembered.  A keeper for us, and a tasty memory for him from the past!

All in all, not a bad week.  Three recipes and we just got home on Wednesday!

New Recipes
Homemade Spaghetti-Os
Lenore's Chocolate Zucchini Cake

Tried and True
Shrimp Scampi

No comments:

Post a Comment