Friday, July 4, 2014

July 4, 2014

Happy 4th of July!  I hope you had a fantastic Independence day; we sure did!  Parade watching with friends, family time at home, a BBQ over at more friends...and the most pleasant weather.  All in all, a fabulous day - and still the full weekend ahead of us.  It doesn't get much better than this.

This week we had 2 keepers - one discovered and suggested by Hannah, and the other sent to me by one of my sisters.  First - the chicken Parmesan pasta from Hannah.  MY OH MY...you will love this dish!  I already want to put it on the meal plan again this week!  Somehow it was the perfect combination of flavors you know and love, ease of preparation, and a slight twist to make the recipe feel new.  For this dish the breadcrumbs are toasted and passed so each person can add their own to their plate, and that is the secret that puts this dinner over the top.  You have to try it to taste for yourself.  I will really be amazed if you don't fall in love with the dish.

The second was chicken and broccoli - Chinese take-out style.  Don't confuse the rice wine in the ingredients list for rice wine vinegar.  I did have to purchase that new ingredient, but I didn't mind since even Hannah, my girl who does not like Chinese food (not even fried rice!) really enjoyed this and voted it a keeper.  And she couldn't get enough of the snap peas!  I think next time I make it I might add a few extra so the rest of us can have some!  :)

Happy cooking!

New Recipes
Chicken and Broccoli
Chicken Parmesan Pasta

No comments:

Post a Comment