Friday, September 12, 2014
Garlic Chicken Rigatoni
* 10 oz uncooked rigatoni or penne pasta
* 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
* 1/2 cup boiling water
* 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 1 inch cubes
* 1/4 tsp garlic salt
* 2 tbsp AP flour
* 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
* 8 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced
*3 garlic cloves, minced
* 1/2 cup white wine, divided
* 2 tbsp minced fresh parsley
* 1/4 tsp dried basil
* 1/8 tsp salt
* 1/8 tsp pepper
* 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
* grated Parmesan, for serving
1. Cook the pasta according to the box directions.
2. In a small bowl combine the sun-dried tomatoes and the boiling water. Let stand 5 minutes, then drain and chop the tomatoes.
3. Sprinkle the chicken with the garlic salt and then toss with the flour. In a large skillet, heat 1 tbsp of oil over medium high heat. Add the chicken; cook and stir for 4-5 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove the chicken from the pan and keep warm.
4. In the now empty skillet heat the remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and garlic and cook and stir until tender, 4-5 minutes. De-glaze the pan with 1/4 cup of wine. Combine the remaining wine, chicken broth, parsley, basil, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and tomatoes. Stir this mixture into the mushrooms and bring to a boil. Stir in the chicken and heat through.
5. Drain the pasta and add it to the chicken mixture. Serve with Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
We absolutely loved this - all of us! And you cannot believe how easy this was to throw together. I had 3/4 lb of chicken in the freezer so I used that, and I didn't need to adjust any of the ingredients. This is similar to another favorite or ours,chicken, broccoli and sun-dried tomato stir fry, but definitely not the same. The leftovers were delicious the next day; I look forward to making this again!
Posted by Elizabeth at 4:09 PM