Friday, March 2, 2012

March 2, 2012

Happy March, all! This week was successful on the recipe front. One dessert, one side dish, and two entrees. Not bad for one week!

My kids love dessert. We don't always have something sweet, sometimes it is just a yogurt, or fruit salad, but they do love it when I offer them ice cream, or cake, or cookies. This week, I took out the Tupperware popsicle molds that I usually use in the summer and made some fudgesicles! (Why do I reserve these to use only in the summer?) The kids loved them, and they were easy. Now I am going to be making popsicles more often! Yogurt pops, juice pops, let your mind wander! When Ryan tried them he imitated Bill Cosby...remember when he was the spokesperson for Jello, including Jello Pudding Pops?

I came across a site called The Pioneer Woman (thepioneerwoman.com). She has a show on the Food Network now, so I checked out her site. This week, we tried 2 dishes from her recipe collection, and both were voted keepers! I made Chicken with Mustard Cream sauce (I had some mustard and some half and half in the fridge to use up), and served French Onion Soup Stuffed Mushrooms with the chicken. Both were delicious!

And finally, the last keeper of the week is a pork roast with a light citrus sauce. The sauce was pretty light tasting, and went well with the pork. It called for one jalapeno, but next time I might try using two. After cooking it for a few hours it probably could have used two. But everyone loved it, and the leftovers will be great re-purposed into another dish tomorrow or for a few lunch sandwiches.

Here's hoping for another successful week coming up!

New Recipes
Fudgesicles
Chicken with Mustard Cream Sauce
French Onion Soup Stuffed Mushrooms
Roast Pork with Citrus Sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment