Friday, June 20, 2014
Sesame-Cheddar Mini Muffins
* 1 tbsp butter
* 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
* 1 1/2 cups Bisquick (I used my DIY Bisquick)
* 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
* 1 egg
* 1/2 cup milk
* 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
* 1 tbs butter, melted
1. Heat oven to 400 F. Spray 24 mini muffin cups with cooking spray.
2. Melt 1 tbsp of the butter and saute the onion in the butter over medium high heat for approximately 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, mix the Bisquick and 1/2 cup of the cheese. In a separate bowl, stir the egg, milk and onion until well blended. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients just until combined and moistened.
4. Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups. The recipe should yield 18-24 mini muffins. Sprinkle the muffins with the remaining cheese and the sesame seeds. Drizzle the melted butter over the muffin batter.
5. Bake the muffins for 12-14 minutes or until golden. Serve warm.
This made 24 mini muffins for me, and 12 minutes 30 seconds was the perfect amount of time in the oven. These were delicious and very easy!
Posted by Elizabeth at 10:38 PM