Friday, December 19, 2014

December 19, 2014

It's been a few weeks - we've tried a lot of recipes, found some keepers, tried some duds, and been busy getting ready for Christmas and the New Year.  Thanksgiving was fabulous and it is hard to believe in a week Christmas will already be behind us.  2014 certainly is racing to close. 

2015 is going to bring big changes in our household.  I've just finished all my coursework and am ready to begin student teaching in January.  I've been working on my masters over the past few years and I am truly amazed that in just a few short weeks I'll be in the classroom full time; this is going to  bring a lot (and I mean A LOT) of changes for my family.  Needless to say, I don't think we'll be trying so many new recipes all the time, so I don't expect to be blogging every Friday.  Taco Tuesday will probably be brought back in full force, and we'll be relying on soups we know and love already on soup night.  But I love to cook and create in the kitchen, so I hope to be able to continue to post a few times a month to share new keeper recipes.  We'll just have to see how it goes!!!

To prepare for the next couple of months I've been marking easy recipes, slow cooker recipes, recipes that take 30 minutes or less from prep to table. We found a slow cooker pasta recipe (Easy Meaty Ziti)  that was an overwhelming hit and easily earned keeper status, and we've made it twice since I last posted.  We made a pork tenderloin recipe that everyone loved and was fast.  And my favorite recipe that earned keeper status this week?  Shredded Sweet Potatoes and Spinach.  I have always claimed to dislike sweet potatoes, but this recipe changed my mind!  I made it as the side dish for the pork, but then made it again today to eat for lunch!  (Truth be told, I want to see how it reheats to see if I can bring it with me to work for lunch - we'll see how it tastes tomorrow reheated.) 


Making anything good this week?  Any suggestions for dinner recipes as I head back into the workforce full-time?  Let me know (and wish me luck)!

Happy Cooking!

New Recipes
Shredded Sweet Potatoes and Spinach
Chili and Maple Glazed Pork Tenderloin
Easy Meaty Ziti

No comments:

Post a Comment