Friday, September 23, 2011

September 23, 2011

Fall is officially here! Now I can pull out my pumpkin recipes without fear of raising eyebrows. I can buy pumpkins from the patch and process them to freeze for use all winter. I can make pumpkin waffles, cookies, bread, muffins, cakes! Bring on the pumpkins! Of course...I don't have any pumpkin recipes this week...but suffice it say, I will have at least one for you next week! Can you tell - I love pumpkin!

This week we had again one of my favorite recipes I've tried for this blog - Buffalo Chicken Lasagna. If this one even remotely catches your eye, I think you absolutely should try it. First, it is a slow cooker recipe. That alone wins it points because the crock pot is doing all the heavy lifting when it comes to getting dinner on the table the night you serve a meal from it. Second...who doesn't love pasta? And third...I've always said that if I were stranded on a desert island, I would bring peppers - all kinds, all colors. This recipe has sweet peppers, hot sauce made from hot peppers, and we threw in a few jalapenos for good measure.

But, the new recipes that we tried this week that made it to keeper status - another crock pot recipe and a peanut butter frosting recipe. Very different, I know, I know. I had to try the Balsamic Chicken recipe that I came across on Facebook from Crock Pot Girls. And as for the frosting...well, let's just say that one of my best friends introduced me to frosted brownies not too long ago. And this summer one of my sisters-in-law made chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter frosting. So, of course, why not marry brownies with peanut butter frosting? You be the judge!!!

New Recipes
Slow Cooker Balsamic Chicken
Peanut Butter Frosting

No comments:

Post a Comment