Friday, December 23, 2011

December 23, 2011

Merry Christmas (almost)! I can't believe that this weekend is Christmas, and the new year is around the corner.

This week has been busy with last minute preparations for the holidays and festive activities, so it really didn't leave much time to try out new recipes. I can't guarantee that we are going to make a lot of new things this coming week, either, but we'll see what happens. We made one fabulous new dinner (Pork and Mushrooms over Noodles), and I have a few cookie recipes to share. Additionally, we made Shepherd's pie again, so I included the recipe for the way that I make it. This "recipe" can be tweaked to suit your own tastes.

The weather hasn't been cooperating in terms of snow and cold weather, which is a bummer for our winter break. Since we were hoping to build a snowman, we had to build one inside. Everyone at the holiday luncheon we hosted this week loved it, kids and moms alike!
At the luncheon I served Ham & Swiss Quiche and Cranberry Chicken Salad for the adults. Both were a big hit, and I was so glad to make the quiche. I absolutely LOVE quiche (any kind), but for some reason my family doesn't love it, so I don't have many opportunities or excuses to make it very often.

I attended my sister's annual cookie exchange party this week, and there were some really fabulous cookies. Mint seemed to be a theme as there were a few varieties of mint cookies, but my favorite from the night was a cookie called Petite Peppermint Sandwiches that my sister made. I added the link to the recipe she used below. While I haven't made these myself, I certainly plan to in the future!!!!

I made my absolute favorite Christmas cookies this week, Creme de Menthe bars. I make these every year, and eating them transports me back to my childhood. My mom always makes a few types of Christmas cookies, and I always reached for these first. The picture with the recipe isn't great, but the bar certainly was!

Merry Christmas!


New Recipes

Pork and Mushrooms over Noodles
Shepherd's Pie
Creme de Menthe Bars

Shout out Recipe
Petite Peppermint Sandwiches

No comments:

Post a Comment