Friday, September 20, 2013

September 20, 2013

Why, of why, do I continue to try new overnight french toast recipes?  I tried another one this week, and just as in the past, no one really liked it.  But it sounded so good...and I am always wooed by the idea of a little bit of work in the evening that will result in a fuss free morning.  Well, it was fuss free, but we were all underwhelmed.  In the end, as I said to Ryan, my mission of trying the recipes I have clipped over many years is still working.  I toss the ones we don't love, or even like, and then we put into regular rotation the recipes that are deemed keepers.  This week's overnight french toast hit the recycling bin.

But, although the overnight french toast and a few others this week didn't earn keeper status, we did have a successful week!  3 new dinner recipes earned keeper status!  Fabulous! Chicken, turkey and salmon!  The funny thing is that it was just as busy, if not busier, than week as the prior, but for some reason my motivation level was higher. When I was looking through recipes to try for the week I chose 9, we actually made 7 of them (skipped apple cider donuts and a slow cooker meal), and we loved 3!  Not bad!  A fourth recipe, a cookie recipe, we really enjoyed and I think could have earned keeper status, but I honestly don't think I'd make them again and as such it couldn't earn keeper status.  I guess the two lessons this week are ones I already know - I work best when my plate is really full, and no matter what is going on, there are plenty of great QUICK dinner recipes that you can get on the table at dinner time!

Happy Cooking!


New Recipes
Chicken thighs with shallots and spinach
Turkey with mushroom and cream
Moist oven baked salmon

1 comment:

  1. Look no further than a healthy plate of best brown rice! Because rice has low amounts of sodium, fat, and cholesterol, it is a great aid in reducing obesity. It's rich in nutrients and has no significant negative impacts on a person's health. Of course, its high-levels in fiber also help to reduce obesity.

    ReplyDelete